The first week of December is usually generous in Latin music nominations. After those of Premio Lo Nuestro, The Recording Academy has just announced the nominees for the 55th edition of the Annual Grammy Awards. Although Latin music is mostly honored through the Latin Grammy Awards, the Academy's main event also includes four categories honoring outstanding and popular Latin music albums in the Pop, Rock/Alternative, Regional Mexican and Tropical fields.
Some of the Latin music stars competing for trophies include artists such as Juanes, Ricardo Arjona, Carla Morrison, Ana Tijoux, Gerardo Ortiz, Los Tucanes de Tijuana and Romeo Santos. The 2013 Grammy Awards will be held on February 10 at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, and CBS wil air the show at 8:00 PM (ET/PT). The following is the full list of Latin music nominations.
Best Latin Pop Album
- Independiente - Ricardo Arjona.
- Ilusion - Fonseca.
- Kany Garcia - Kany Garcia.
- ¿Con Quien Se Queda El Perro? - Jesse & Joy.
- MTV Unplugged Deluxe Edition - Juanes.
Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album
- Campo - Campo.
- Dejenme Llorar - Carla Morrison.
- Imaginaries - Quetzal.
- Electro-Jarocho - Sistema Bomb.
- La Bala - Ana Tijoux.
Best Regional Mexican Music Album (Including Tejano)
- Pecados Y Milagros - Lila Downs.
- Sembrando Flores - Los Cojolites.
- 365 Dias - Los Tucanes De Tijuana.
- Oye - Mariachi Divas De Cindy Shea.
- El Primer Ministro - Gerardo Ortiz.
Best Tropical Latin Album
- Cubano Soy - Raul Lara Y Sus Soneros.
- Desde Nueva York A Puerto Rico - Eddie Montalvo.
- Retro - Marlow Rosado Y La Riqueña.
- Formula Vol. 1 - Romeo Santos.
Photo Courtesy Universal Latino, Nacional Records, Carla Morrison Musica/Cosmica Records and Sony U.S. Latin