Have you ever wondered when is the birthday of your favorite Latin music star? The following calendar features some of the most famous birthdays in Latin music. Although this list is tiny if we consider the whole Latin music universe, I still think you have a good chance to find out the birthday (and the age too!) of your favorite artist. If you do not, this birthday calendar will provide you with an introduction to some of the most essential names in Latin music. I hope you like it.
- Jan. 7, 1950 - Juan Gabriel.
Mexican singer and songwriter of Pop and Ranchera music.
- Jan. 9, 1926 - Jose Alfredo Jimenez.
One of the most prolific songwriters of traditional Mexican music.
- Jan. 14, 1977 - Yandel.
Member of the popular Reggaeton duo Wisin y Yandel.
- Jan. 15, 1982 - Pitbull.
Cuban-American rapper and one of today's most popular Latin Urban artists.
- Jan. 19, 1964 - Ricardo Arjona.
Top Latin Pop singer and songwriter from Guatemala.
- Jan. 23, 1954 - Franco De Vita.
Top Latin Pop singer and songwriter from Venezuela.
- Jan. 25, 1927 - Antonio Carlos Jobim.
One of the most influential artists in Latin music. This talented Brazilian musician and songwriter played a key role in the development of Bossa Nova.
- Feb. 1, 1972 - Tego Calderon.
Puerto Rican singer and Reggaeton pioneer.
- Feb. 2, 1977 - Shakira.
A top Latin Pop artist from Colombia and one of today's biggest Latin music superstars in the world.
- Feb. 3, 1977 - Daddy Yankee.
One of today's most famous Reggaeton and Latin Urban artists.
- Feb. 9, 1968 - Alejandra Guzman.
A top Latin Pop and Rock singer from Mexico.
- Feb. 9, 1909 - Carmen Miranda.
A legendary singer who exposed Brazilian music in various Hollywood movies of the 1940s and 1950s.
- Feb. 10, 1978 - Don Omar.
A top Reggaeton and Latin Urban artist from Puerto Rico.
- Feb. 13, 1979 - La Mala Rodriguez.
One of Spain's top female Latin Urban artists.
- Feb. 15, 1968 - Gloria Trevi.
A top Latin Pop and Rock artist from Mexico.
- Feb. 17, 1940 - Vicente Fernandez.
The King of Ranchera Music.
- Feb. 23, 1978 - Rene Perez (Residente).
The lead singer of the Latin Urban band Calle 13.
- Mar. 8, 1940 - Johnny Ventura.
A Merengue pioneer.
- Mar. 11, 1921 - Astor Piazzolla.
A famous bandoneon player from Argentina and one of the most influential artists in the history of Tango.
- Mar. 15, 1963 - Sergio Vargas.
A popular singer of Merengue.
- Mar. 17, 1945 - Elis Regina.
One of the best female voices in the history of Brazilian music.
- Mar. 22, 1942 - Jorge Ben Jor.
One of the most influential Brazilian artists of all time and the father of the so-called Samba-Rock.
- Mar. 24, 1930 - Johnny Pacheco.
A talented Salsa musician and founder of the legendary orchestra Fania All Stars.
- Apr. 3, 1956 - Miguel Bose.
One of the most influential Latin Pop singers from Spain.
- Apr. 8, 1951 - Joan Sebastian.
A popular songwriter of Regional Mexican music.
- Apr. 13, 1967 - Olga Tañon.
A top Merengue artists from Puerto Rico.
- Apr. 15, 1978 - Luis Fonsi.
A Latin Pop singer from Puerto Rico.
- Apr. 16, 1971 - Selena.
An iconic singer known as The Queen of Tejano Music.
- Apr. 17, 1919 - Chavela Vargas.
A famous Ranchera singer from Mexico.
- Apr. 17, 1980 - Ceu.
One of today's top Brazilian singers.
- Apr. 19, 1970 - Luis Miguel.
One of the Latin music superstars coming from Mexico, this singer is a top Latin Pop and Bolero singer.
- Apr. 19, 1941 - Roberto Carlos.
A romantic singer and one of the most influential artists from Brazil.
- Apr. 20, 1923 - Tito Puente.
A prolific musician who was known as The King of Mambo.
- Apr. 21, 1988 - Jencarlos Canela.
A Latin Pop singer and songwriter from Miami.
- Apr. 22, 1931 - Joe Cuba.
One of the most influential artists in the history of Latin Boogaloo.
- Apr. 24, 1949 - Wilfrido Vargas.
One of the most influential Merengue artists of all time.
- Apr. 24, 1971 - Alejandro Fernandez.
A popular Ranchera singer and one of the sons of Vicente Fernandez.
- Apr. 28, 1950 - Willie Colon.
A famous trombonist and one of the essential names in Salsa music.
- Apr. 28, 1911 - Mario Bauza.
A Cuban musician and one of the pioneers of Latin Jazz.
- Apr. 29, 1929 - Ray Barreto.
A famous Salsa and Latin Jazz musician, he was also a key member of the Fania All Stars.
- Apr. 30, 1964 - Eddy Herrera.
A popular Merengue singer.
- May 8, 1976 - Enrique Iglesias.
One of today's most popular Latin Pop stars in the world.
- May 11, 1989 - Prince Royce.
A top Bachata singer and one of today's most popular Latin music stars.
- May 23, 1967 - Hector 'El Torito' Acosta.
A Dominican singer of Merengue and Bachata.
- May 29, 1979 - Fonseca.
A Colombian singer and one of the leading artists of the Tropipop movement.
- Jun. 7, 1957 - Juan Luis Guerra.
A Latin music legend and a top Tropical music innovator.
- Jun. 10, 1931 - Joao Gilberto.
A talented guitarist whose playing style defined the music patterns of Bossa Nova.
- Jun. 12, 1977 - Ana Tijoux.
- Jun. 17, 1971 - Paulina Rubio.
One of the top Latin Pop stars from Mexico.
- Jun. 19, 1944 - Chico Buarque de Hollanda.
One of the most influential Brazilian artists in history.
- Jun. 26, 1942 - Gilberto Gil.
An essential Brazilian artist and one of the founders of the Tropicalia movement of the 1960s.
- Jun. 28, 1968 - Chayanne.
A top Latin Pop star from Puerto Rico.
- Jul. 1, 1967 - Marisa Monte.
One of today's most popular Brazilian singers.
- Jul. 2, 1969 - Jenni Rivera.
A famous Mexican-American singer known as The Diva of Banda Music.
- Jul. 16, 1948 - Ruben Blades.
A top Salsa singer and songwriter from Panama.
- Jul. 20, 1947 - Carlos Santana.
The most famous guitarist in Latin music.
- Jul. 21, 1981 - Romeo Santos.
One of today's most influential Bachata artists.
- Jul. 24, 1969 - Jennifer Lopez.
One of the megastars of Pop music.
- Jul. 30, 1971 - Elvis Crespo.
A popular Merengue singer.
- Aug. 7, 1942 - Caetano Veloso.
One of the most influential songwriters and singers from Brazil. He was also one of the founders of the Brazilian Tropicalia movement.
- Aug. 7, 1961 - Carlos Vives.
A top Vallenato singer from Colombia.
- Aug. 7, 1968 - Pepe Aguilar.
A Mexican-American Ranchera and Pop singer son of the legendary Antonio Aguilar.
- Aug. 9, 1972 - Juanes.
One of the top Latin music stars in the world.
- Aug. 11, 1959 - Gustavo Cerati.
The lead singer of the legendary Rock en Espanol band Soda Stereo.
- Aug. 21, 1962 - Gilberto Santa Rosa.
A top Salsa singer from Puerto Rico.
- Aug. 22, 1961 - Andres Calamaro.
An Argentinian singer and pioneer of the Rock en Espanol movement.
- Aug. 24, 1919 - Benny More.
One of the most talented singers in the history of traditional Cuba music.
- Aug. 26, 1971 - Thalia.
A top Latin Pop singer from Mexico.
- Sep. 1, 1957 - Gloria Estefan.
A Cuban-American singer and a top Latin Pop and Tropical music star.
- Sep. 10, 1945 - Jose Feliciano.
A legendary Puerto Rican guitarist better known for his timeless Christmas song "Feliz Navidad."
- Sep. 13, 1965 - Andrea Echeverri.
The lead singer of the legendary Colombian Rock band Aterciopelados.
- Sep. 16, 1968 - Marc Anthony.
A top Latin Pop and Salsa artist from New York.
- Sep. 19, 1977 - Maria Rita.
A popular Brazilian singer daughter of the legendary artist Elis Regina.
- Sep. 23, 1943 - Julio Iglesias.
A romantic singer and best selling artist in the history of Latin music.
- Sep. 27, 1968 - Victor Manuelle.
A popular Salsa singer from Puerto Rico.
- Sep. 28, 1969 - Pedro Fernandez.
Ranchera singer from Mexico and son of Vicente Fernandez.
- Sep. 30, 1946 - Hector Lavoe.
An artist widely considered the best Salsa singer in history.
- Oct. 5, 1981 - Tito 'El Bambino'.
A popular Reggaeton and Latin Urban artist.
- Oct. 5, 1989 - Gerardo Ortiz.
One of today's most famous stars better known as The King of Corrido.
- Oct. 5, 1931 - Ismael Rivera.
One of the best soneros in the history of Salsa music.
- Oct. 9, 1918 - Bebo Valdes.
A talented pianist and Latin jazz musician from Cuba.
- Oct. 9, 1941 - Chucho Valdes.
Cuban pianist son of Bebo Valdes.
- Oct. 19, 1933 - Vinicius de Moraes.
One of the best songwriters in the history of Brazilian music.
- Oct. 21, 1925 - Celia Cruz.
The Queen of Salsa Music.
- Oct. 29, 1981 - Espinoza Paz.
One of today's top Regional Mexican music artists.
- Oct. 29, 1930 - Omara Portuondo.
A Cuban singer and former member of the Buena Vista Social Club.
- Dec. 3, 1909 - Machito.
A Latin Jazz pioneer.
- Dec. 8, 1959 - Fher Olvera.
Lead singer of the Mexican Rock band Mana.
- Dec. 8, 1974 - Cristian Castro.
A popular Latin Pop star from Mexico.
- Dec. 11, 1890 - Carlos Gardel.
The King of Tango.
- Dec. 11, 1916 - Damaso Perez Prado.
The Father of Mambo Music.
- Dec. 15, 1936 - Eddie Palmieri.
A Salsa and Latin Jazz pianist.
- Dec. 18, 1968 - Alejandro Sanz.
A top Latin Pop artist from Spain.
- Dec. 19, 1978 - Wisin.
One of the singers of the Reggaeton duo Wisin y Yandel.
- Dec. 24, 1971 - Ricky Martin.
One of the biggest Latin music superstars in the entire world.
- Dec. 29, 1959 - Marco Antonio Solis.
A prolific singer, songwriter and producer of Regional Mexican music.